What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Update Schedule?

C. Brenden

Well Known Member
I'm setting a calendar reminder for the 28-day update NAV data schedule and would like to know how far before the update comes out is it available for download? I'd like to get the updates installed early and ensure it's current.
Thanks,
Craig

NAV Data Update

Good Morning,

The navigation database updates are available 7 days prior to the active date. As soon as the equipment recognizes the active date via valid GPS fix, the databases will transition to the active state.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

I received an email from Seattle Avionics on Aug 5th that the Aug 11th Chart Data was available. If you are downloading from Flygarmin.com it may be different.

-Marc

I'm setting a calendar reminder for the 28-day update NAV data schedule and would like to know how far before the update comes out is it available for download? I'd like to get the updates installed early and ensure it's current.
Thanks,
Craig

If you need IFR/VFR charts they are not available until the day before effective date. That is when I have my reminders set.

I've always wondered why the charts are available only 1 day before the effective date? That, and the load time on the charts being quite long, is quite annoying.

I've always wondered why the charts are available only 1 day before the effective date? That, and the load time on the charts being quite long, is quite annoying.

I can guess as to why the charts come out later, but I'll let somebody who knows answer that one.

To ease the pain on the chart upload, I make two SD cards and upload both screens at once. Since the chart data only has to be downloaded to the computer once, the computer download time is not double.

Back