What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x back up camera

g zero

Well Known Member
I’m looking at installing a basic backup camera to the Garmin G3x 10” touch screen. What camera requirements are needed to do so ?

I’m looking at installing a basic backup camera to the Garmin G3x 10” touch screen. What camera requirements are needed to do so ?

Where are you going to mount it? Can you view it on your G3x? I thought only the VERB no longer produced could do that.

Video Input

Good Afternoon,

The GDU 4XX supports the following composite video input formats:

• NTSC “National Television Standards Committee” (J,M,4.43)
• PAL “Phase Alternating Line” (B,D,G,H,I,M,N,Nc,60)
• SECAM “Sequential Color with Memory” (B,D,G,K,K1,L)

You can find more information about the video input on page 26-23 of the G3X Touch Installation Manual.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Justin

Where are you going to mount it? Can you view it on your G3x? I thought only the VERB no longer produced could do that.

It’s going to be used on a retractable tail wheel , can’t put micro switches in this location but a backup camera might be the ticket to verification of Tailwheel retraction & extension

It’s going to be used on a retractable tail wheel , can’t put micro switches in this location but a backup camera might be the ticket to verification of Tailwheel retraction & extension

Great idea. Let us know how it turns out.

also..

You might also consider using proximity sensors to monitor retraction and connect them to a G3X discrete...

The taxi cam work great…..except the backup car camera I used is left is right and right is left. Dummy didn’t get one that can be front view. Easy enough to fix with a few bucks.

Last edited:
Back