What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Braided Brake Lines

Cth6

Well Known Member
Replacing the gear leg brake lines with braided ones from Tom at TS FlightLines after battling a leak due to flare cracks. Stock Cleveland set up with gear leg stiffeners installed. Did the stock length work for you or did you wish the lines were longer/shorter? Trying to figure out if they will fit before I take the plane down for maintenance. Thanks

Last edited:
I got my brake lines from Aircraft Specialty, he is partners with Tom at TS Flightlines. I highly recommend either of them. The lines I got were exactly the correct length. My lines were for an RV8 but I'm sure they have made enough lines for RV9s that it won't be a problem.

When you order your lines from Tom, see if he has a 45 degree pass through fitting so you can point the line in a direction you wont have to modify your gear fairings. If you want more info, PM me and send your email. I will take pics and show you want Im talking about. Tom is the best! Tell him Hi from me!

Refer to page 36A of the plans-----newer plans may be a different page---
The main gear bulkhead fitting as supplied by Vans is a AN837-4D which is a 45*. The internal cabin lines connect there---we use a 90* hose end. Most of the builders that make their extension lines from aluminum have a rather large 90* bend on the bulkhead fitting. Thats because they can make the flare close enough to the tubing bend.

But the AN837-4D is correct bulkhead fitting.
Tom

Back