What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Huge shoutout for Midwest Aircraft Refinishing

Strikhedonia

Well Known Member
I picked up my plane this morning from after a long 10 week wait - more work to be redone by a second shop after issues with the painting/finishing. ***I no longer recommend Midwest Aircraft Refinishing***

Attachments

• Pilot Side.jpg
    Pilot Side.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Chris, looks amazing!

Great to hear of your experience with Midwest Aircraft Refinishing. We plan on using them when the time comes.

-Matt and Sarah

As someone in the middle of painting his RV-10 at home, I can attest to what a big milestone this is, particularly if you are happy with the job done.

She looks great! Enjoy many safe hours to come.

The quality of the RV10's ya'll crank out is inspiring- I hope I enjoy building the RV12is and get the confidence to attempt that project.

Congrats on a beautiful airplane.

Thank you everyone! The paint is all Sherwin Williams SKYscapes, I'm not sure what primer or acid wash they used. Midwest has a big back log, I got on their list in December of 2020 and they started working on my plane in April 2022, with 10 weeks of time at the paint shop. Cost was $32k, quality workmanship doesn't come cheap...

I did the initial design, but they include working with a designer. He made a few suggestions that I ended up using.

I think they expect you to have a basic idea of what you want and the designer is more to help you refine the design and generate the templates for the paint job.

Chris, did they do your design as well?

I also used Midwest Aircraft Refinishing to paint my RV14. The quality of the paintwork and fiberglass is exceptional. They were very accommodating with scheduling changes due to the US-CDN border being closed during Covid. They also honoured their original quote even though I was 14 months late showing up. Class act! They provided lots of photos and a weekly update.

I used their design service which was included in the price. Paint used was Sherwin Williams Metallic.

Cheers Jim

I even made the 2022 Vans Calendar!
“Miss November”
C58D9373-F644-4E78-A58E-D064CB5B762F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back