What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How I mounted a GoPro Max 360 under my RV wing

Thanks Dan, that 360 discussion told me in 60 seconds what it took a while longer to conclude about the 360 camera.

I do have a question. I edit, can you take, say the axis down the wing, and correct to for the lens aberration so the image is not weird? I.e narrowing and digitally correction for the fisheye look? Like capturing flying around a mountain top, and wishing to keep the perspective optically correct. I know there is terminology for that but I am no photographer.

You can correct the fisheye look

There are two things you can do in GoPro Player. First you can zoom out to reduce the fisheye look. Second there is and adjustment in GoPro Player to correct for lens distortion if you want. I didn't worry about it on this video, I was just showing that you could edit unlimited variations from any 360 clip. I;ll be making a lot more videos about How-To do some video stuff and also videos of me flying my RV-14. Subscribe to my YouTube channel if you don't want to miss future videos.

Dan

Hi Dan, very good videos - thanks for producing them. Couple of questions if you don't mind - did you also look at the insta360 camera? If so, what did you prefer with the gopro?

Also, if you do a landing while recording, can you zoom in on the tailwheel to see how it's behaving?

Does the software remove the vibration automatically? My cheap action cams can be a bit shaky and I guess that a 360 cam would not have this problem, but want to confirm. Thanks!

Back