What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help me ID this fuel pump?

bill.hutchison

Well Known Member
My fuel pump is definitely leaking at the diaphragms and the screws on the bottom side. Replace it? Seems like.

I can't see a dataplate on it - it's obscured, but I have an O-360-A4B1N motor and there's this "M" logo on it. Showed it to my local mech and he didn't recognize it.

Or, is there something better out there?

Advice sought and appreciated in advance.

Attachments

• fuel pump 1 or 2.jpg
    fuel pump 1 or 2.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 270
  • fuel pump 2 of 2.jpg
    fuel pump 2 of 2.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 257
Pump

Standard pump- for most 0 360's with carb is LW-15472 Spruce has them new and rebuilt as well as numerous other vendors.

Standard pump- for most 0 360's with carb is LW-15472 Spruce has them new and rebuilt as well as numerous other vendors.

Thanks for the tip. Reading about this and some of the replacements available, it appears that sometimes you have to make some modifications to make certain pumps work. I don't really want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary.

I emailed Conti (I have an ECI Titan O-360) this morning to see if they had any guidance on this.

Since I'm going to have to remove the left mag to get at the pump, and it'll also be easier if I move an oil cooler hose - I'm going to go ahead and have a couple of new hoses made, too, since they're due for replacement. Might as well handle all of it while it's all apart and easy to get to.

Bill - I know you were following my post...did you check the torque on the screws? Mine were loose even with torque seal still on a couple fasteners. After a retorque I've been leak free.

I didn't have any fuel or oil coming out drain valve, so I was fairly confident the diaphragms were ok.

Bill - I know you were following my post...did you check the torque on the screws? Mine were loose even with torque seal still on a couple fasteners. After a retorque I've been leak free.

I didn't have any fuel or oil coming out drain valve, so I was fairly confident the diaphragms were ok.

The screws that I could get to were tight as near as I could tell, but there is still oil at the diaphragms and on the bottom screws. I did a pretty thorough search above the pump to make sure it wasn't masking something else and I'm reasonably certain it's not. Replacement pump is en route.

Back