What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston area monthly lunch (June 2021)

N546RV

Well Known Member
Posting this one up a bit early this time in coordination with getting this on the VAF calendar, in my continuing quest to get more attention and attendance.

The 19th will be the usual third Saturday, and we'll be back at Hooks this time for burgers at the Aviator's Grill. Meeting time is the usual 11:30 as well.

Weather permitting, I'll be flying the Arrow up out of KTME, and I'll have a couple seats available for anyone in the Katy area who wants to avoid the drive - just let me know. Hopefully we're finally through the rainy season, because I'm tired of 1) not flying, 2) seeing my lawn turn into a lake, and 3) hordes of mosquitos.

See you there!

Lunch

I'm gonna try to be there. Been on a 10yr build hiatus (3 kids, 3 houses, 3 jobs since I started), but just picked up the rivet gun again.

Hi all, I'm new to the community here. I'm interested in building an RV in the near future, still developing my understanding of the herculean task...

I'm going to try to attend Saturday's lunch if it still occurs despite the gloomy WX outlook this weekend. Looking forward to meeting local builders and picking your brain

Cheers,
Scott

Well, I'll be there rain or shine, though I'm going to hold out hope that I can make a 20-minute flight instead of a 40-minute drive. Hope to see you there!

In other news, the Arrow I was going to rent is down for maintenance, but the upside is that the Citabria is back in service, so I just switched my reservation to that. But that will definitely limit my ability to give anyone a ride up to Hooks, unless you're pretty lightweight.

Great! Look forward to meeting you, and hopefully other builders! I'll be the bald guy in glasses looking around for the "cool kids [builders]" table like back in high school :p

Hello Everyone,

Excited to join this lunch meetup. I am very close to getting my Private Pilots license and debating on either buying an older "fixer-upper" RV-10 or build a new one (quick build).

Anyone put in an Air Conditioner & BRS in theirs ? I just spoke with Bill at Airflow Systems and got an estimate of about $8k for just AC parts.

If anyone knows of any RV-10's looking for a new home, I am actively looking to buy one. I am currently in the Sugar Land area, will be moving to The Woodland in next 2 weeks. Excited about the 4 car garage in the new house and workshop build space.

Looking forward to meet you all and talk about RV's and mods.

Just read about this, I am taking the girls gliding at that time. If it gliding rains out is lunch still on?

Rain or shine, I'll eat a hamburger in any weather. Though looks like we're going to get shine tomorrow.

Back