What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bakersfield: RV viewing & plane rentals

- Poindexter -

Well Known Member
I will be in Bakersfield for (2) months (mid August to mid October) for work and wanted to see if:

(1) there are any RV’s that can show their build or finished ones. I’m interested in building an RV-14a. Also, happy to help anyone on their build.

(2) there is someone or FBO for plane rental (any type, non RV) since I would be occasionally flying back to NorCal for 2-day visits. I have 400 hrs, instrument/complex/high performance ratings & insurance.

Thank you,
Paul

Last edited:
Check out L45 Bakersfield Muni

There is a hangar full of RV's at L45, right next to the Rocket Cafe. Used to be a real hot bed, but not much activity that I've seen there lately though.

I "think" there is an FOB/flight school at the field too....

I haven't been up there since the Covid thing started.

Laird

Happy to show you my plane

I have an RV9A based at KMIT that I’d be happy to show you. Been flying it since November 2015 and have about 430 hours on it. I’ll be out of town until September 16th but could meet up sometime thereafter if you’re interested.

Bruce

L45

L45 is a great place with a lot of RVs and Rockets. Best aviation has planes for rent as well (PA-28 and C177).

Bakersfield

BruceP, left you a pm to check out your 9A. Also, looking forward to checking out the RVs and Rockets at L45.

Yes, was at the EAA meeting. As a follow-up, super awesome folks at Bakersfield Municipal (L45). A lot is still going on with the Rocket boys and other builders. Best aviation is distributor/builder of AC-Aero engines and rents a Piper and Cardinal. Special thanks to those that took the time to discuss building and taking me to Santa Maria to look at other projects (not sure if they want their names mentioned). Looking forward to returning and visiting Wasco (L19) to look at another RV build. Overall, very positive group!

Back