What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 ride

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Many thanks to Larry Wilson and his beautiful RV10 N865VR for the flight time today. Larry is a long time friend and client and this is his 2nd 10.
This plane is very comfortable, bigger interior than I really thought and very stable even with the light turbulence we had at 3J1. It has a full Garmin suite, Aerosport upper and lower consoles, as well as the carbon panel. Barrett IO540 is flawless, strong, and efficient, along with the Hartzell blended airfoil prop.

Much more shoulder room than the 7A I'm building :eek: if I can ever get back to it, but I'm really impressed with the 10. All of you that have RV10s know what I'm talking about, those of you building one will soon see, and those that are thinking about it----go find someone that has one, and get a ride. You will be impressed----I was!
Thanks Larry!

Tom

Awesome!
Continuing to plug away so I can soon see. :)

Many thanks to Larry Wilson and his beautiful RV10 N865VR for the flight time today. Larry is a long time friend and client and this is his 2nd 10.
This plane is very comfortable, bigger interior than I really thought and very stable even with the light turbulence we had at 3J1. It has a full Garmin suite, Aerosport upper and lower consoles, as well as the carbon panel. Barrett IO540 is flawless, strong, and efficient, along with the Hartzell blended airfoil prop.

Much more shoulder room than the 7A I'm building :eek: if I can ever get back to it, but I'm really impressed with the 10. All of you that have RV10s know what I'm talking about, those of you building one will soon see, and those that are thinking about it----go find someone that has one, and get a ride. You will be impressed----I was!
Thanks Larry!

Tom

How bizarre...........

My build buddy, Derek and I took a ride in Colin's RV10 at Wickenby in UK today.

We are 50% through our build and hoping that these brake lines from someone in SC fit...... ;)

This is my second ride, as I was super privileged to fly Van's own at his strip some time ago with "The Man".

Talk about an inspiration - our RV7 is awesome, but the 10 is just amazing. Loads of room, super smooth and most excellent aeros.... (kidding)

Just shot the rivets on the left top skin - no, not with that extended back rivet bar - standard !

Moving forward.

I actually wanted a -10 but never owned an airplane, let alone a pilots license when starting the project. We had no idea about the cost of ownership of an airplane. Knew the -7 would be cheaper to own, operate, and insure so went with that. Knowing what I know now, would probably have did the -10 in the first place.

Love my 7A, but the 10 sure is nice….

Back