What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Aviation Maintenance Instructor

KatieB

Well Known Member
Hello!

I just wanted to throw this out there in case any of you have experience installing and/or maintaining Garmin avionics (or even Honeywell, Collins, King, etc) and would like to teach installation and maintenance courses at Garmin. Don't let "Olathe, Kansas" scare you off---we are really close to Kansas City and this is a cool place to live-- Lee's Summit in particular has a very healthy Experimental community.

This is to fill my position. I'm moving over to Experimental Tech Support... :cool::eek:

Job details below:

https://careers-us.garmin.com/us/en/job/21001UR/Aviation-Maintenance-Instructor-2

Experimental tech support phone

What is the correct number to get to experimental tech support?
Figs

Hi Katie

No help here, just great to see you smiling icon again..
Hey from me and Slinky..

The tech support is really good for installation type questions, but I've not found a source for questions on some of the little details of operating the system. When I do get transferred to pilot ops, the wait times are horrendous -- after waiting to get through to tech support. Hope a change is in the works!

Thanks,

Ed

The tech support is really good for installation type questions, but I've not found a source for questions on some of the little details of operating the system. When I do get transferred to pilot ops, the wait times are horrendous -- after waiting to get through to tech support. Hope a change is in the works!

Thanks,

Ed

The longer SW wait time has been my experience as well, but the knowledge and dedication of the Garmin Staff to helping with my issues has just been outstanding!!

Thanks,

Ed

Hate to say it but many/most of those answers can be found in the Pilot or install guides, which few people actually read.
Personally I think reading is a lost art, easier to post in the forums or call someone than to look for an answer in the book.
Just a general observation, not directed at you Ed.

Last edited:
Great news to hear you are joining the experimental side, Katie. Makes total sense. You are great at what you do.

This is an on-site position? Can't be remote?

We teach a lot of in-person classes here in Olathe, so yes, the instructor position is definitely on-site. We do work from home a lot, but that's only for course development.

Thanks guys for all the kind words!! :eek:
I'm excited to get back into Experimental support full-time!

Back