What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VM1000C users?

EdH

Well Known Member
Anyone still using a VM1000C?

If there's anyone out there who might say 'yes', are you using it to display fuel quantity with the standard float fuel senders?

VM-1000C

While my VM-1000C works as advertised, I always defer to my fuel flow and timer. They're always within a gallon at refueling.
Blue skies,
Chuck
RV-6XXL

Ed,

Congratulations on finally getting the former Steve Johansen RV-3 to the UK.

I hope you get the same enjoyment out of it, like Steve J. did winning an award at Oshkosh Fly-in in 2018. I know it's called AirVenture, but not to me.

Jake Thiessen
Independence, OR

Thanks Jake. It’s a fantastic machine and true testament to Steve’s craftsmanship. I’m currently enjoying going through all the paperwork that arrived with the aircraft. I think Steve kept every piece of paper that related to the build.

As part of 159SJ’s conversion to British skies, it’s having a new radio and transponder, so while we’re working on the panel, I’d like to see if we can get the fuel senders connected up to the VM1000C. Steve wasn’t using that function, and had a couple of Van’s gauges installed separately, but it sounds like that might have been due to some early teething problems with the unit. Hence the question to see if other owners were at least having some success. The unit had a factory update in 2014, and seems to be performing well, so it stays!

I’ll post some updates as things progress.

Attachments

• 7848AA32-CF1F-4C56-94BA-504065B3CCA0.jpg
    7848AA32-CF1F-4C56-94BA-504065B3CCA0.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Back