What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Phillips 66 oil spout

rv8ch

Well Known Member
Patron
Where has this beautiful contraption been all my life? Just bought a case of Phillips 66 20w50 and the seller threw in one of these $1 oil spouts. It works great!

https://estore.hicorpinc.com/p66_retl/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2027

IMG_7765.jpg

One comes in every case of Phillips 66, I love that little guy, makes the 6 quarts go by so quick. set it and forget it while you prep the next quart for fill up!!!

Yup - they’re great when they reach! I’ve probably got more than two dozen of them sitting around (I buy a lot of oil….) - the only problem is that depending on the cowl and engine, they don’t always reach where they need to go. Always good with the cowl off though!

Yup - they’re great when they reach! I’ve probably got more than two dozen of them sitting around (I buy a lot of oil….) - the only problem is that depending on the cowl and engine, they don’t always reach where they need to go. Always good with the cowl off though!

Combine 2 of them and you will be amazed on how you can navigate the oil filler with them.

Per Paul's comment, they often can't be screwed in with a typical oil door with the cowl on. In my case, I fixed that by gently heating the center 80% of the curved spout and bent it straight. Now it screws right in. Just need to make sure the oil container is snapped in and balanced, so you don't need to hold onto it.

Reinhard

Nice funnel too

Cut the bottom off an oil bottle and attach that extension and you have a great funnel.

Howdayadothat???

Ok, I give. How do you flip the container and spout upside down and plugged in without spoiling a drop? I'm missing something...

Cheers, Sean

Ok, I give. How do you flip the container and spout upside down and plugged in without spoiling a drop? I'm missing something...

Cheers, Sean

Ya gotta be quick! :D

I actually thought about videoing it, but I needed all my hands. The trick is to have the hole in the oil container at the top, then you can get it at a pretty good angle before any comes out, then push it vertical and snap it in at the same time.

Here's a picture with the standard funnel to hopefully clarify what I mean.

IMG_1841_1a.jpg

Oh my dog, I was <today> years old when I realized that's how you're supposed to use that spout. I've been using a regular funnel and holding the bottles like a chump! My plane has a snap-in type of dipstick, so I'd kind of forgotten that the tube is usually threaded. To the hangar I go to check.

Thank goodness for VAF.

I don't snap or thread the spout into the filler neck. The spout is snapped onto the bottle and then I just hold the bottle for the ~30 seconds needed to empty it into the filler neck.

Somebody needs to video how to use this little gizmo...
All I ever do is make a mess using it...but I've never claimed to be smart.

I am just afraid Ill get oil all over the engine, so I use a regular funnel.
A video will be nice.

Back