What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which model TruTrak autopilot is this?

Pilot135pd

Well Known Member
The plane I'm buying has this Trutrak autopilot installed connected to a Garmin530 and a Garmin430. I'm trying to find out what model autopilot it is and if anyone has the manual for it.

The Bendix-King website doesn't show the experimental equipment anymore except for the Cruze and everything I google comes up with current models.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 1.05.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 1.05.43 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 1.10.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 1.10.44 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
You should read up on the ADI. Although it looks like an AI, it is not. In roll it’s like a turn coordinator, the ‘pitch indication’ is actually vertical speed based. All with some assist from accelerometers. So if you slowly enter level slow flight, the nose indication will be level (zero vertical speed) and will not show the actual nose up attitude. IIRC the 3” display has a built in stall warning but the 2” display does not. Perfectly flyable, but you have to remember that it’s different from an actual AI.

I read that, thanks. Hopefully the Aspen is reliable enough and I won't even look at the TT except for the autopilot functions, and if it turns out I can wire it to control it with the Aspen then I might never look at it :D

Back