View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 02:58 PM

I finally have something to contribute to one of these threads!

I finished up a pretty extensive annual on my RV-3. I checked and double-checked everything and then had 2 different A&P's come inspect it. I'll be doing more flights over the mountains in the next year, so I'm doing everything I can to make sure it's all in top shape.

One of the things I discovered is that sometime in the very recent past, my strobe light failed. It was one of the old fashioned tube strobes with a separate power supply. With the advent of LED strobes, I made the decision to upgrade to LED rather than even troubleshoot the old system. Lots has changed since my plane first flew in 1998. Might as well incorporate upgrades when the opportunity presents itself!

In any case, here's a few pics of the new strobe. It's an Abrams brand and is commonly used to enhance visibility on emergency vehicles. Without any scientific testing, it appears MUCH brighter than the original strobe installation. I'm going to just leave it in primer for now because I'm planning a re-spray of the wheelpants and the cowling at some point. No sense in getting the gun dirty twice!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Strobe1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	15209  Click image for larger version

Name:	Strobe2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	15210