What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

James Aircraft update

Jimmy Cox

James Aircraft is up and running producing cowls, plenums, induction kits and wheel pants.

We have leaned a lot and of course supply chain has been a headache. We had to upgrade to epoxy resin because the vinylester resin was not available. This is the same epoxy formula we have used on Team Rocket parts for 19 years. And the Parabeam core material we use doesn't have the core print thru like the honeycomb core.

The RV-10 updraft and forward facing induction cowls are almost back in production. Also we have the RV-14 cowl almost finished. Both of these should be in production within a month after Oshkosh. And the the RV-4,6,7,8 and 9 cowlings have been going out the door to customers.

I will be at Oshkosh all week. We do not have a booth, but I will be roaming around. If you have questions or just want to chat we can meet up there. My cell phone number is 512-429-0230

That is GREAT!!! I have been a big fan of James Aircraft and bought products. I'll try and touch base with you. I am interested are you going to go to carbon fiber or stick (no pun intended) with fiberglass.

Cheers

That is GREAT!!! I have been a big fan of James Aircraft and bought products. I'll try and touch base with you. I am interested are you going to go to carbon fiber or stick (no pun intended) with fiberglass.

Cheers

We will be doing resin infusion soon on the RV-10 and RV-14. That makes carbon fiber an option. The others molds will be updated to do infusion shortly after that.

Its great that you're up and running I just finished an RV8 with a James Cowl, I'm getting it inspected by a DAR tomorrow.

RV 8 cowl

I’m considering your cowl for my RV-8. Not crazy about prop extension. Any other options? What about a carbon fiber?
Jim

I don't have any problems with the prop extension, Sabre makes them and they are very high quality. The other thing is if you plan to mount your GPS antenna under the cowl I don't think you can use carbon fiber.

Hartzell sells an extended hub that works fine, talk to them then Vans about numbers for ordering.

If you have the 360 it will have to have the extension. The RV-8 molds are not set up for vacuum bagging yet so we can't do the carbon yet.
Once we have the RV-14 and the RV-10 finished we will start working towards a carbon fiber option.

Back