What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

5 year hose replacement questions

Our RV-12 has 1.5 hours on it since being built and certified in 2015. We are giving the airplane away in a raffle, so I want it 100%. I don’t want the winner to be faced with a bunch of items that haven’t been done.
We are doing the annual condition inspection now, and once complete will fly off the remaining time requirements. As y’all know, the rubber items are life limited. Are “kits” available that have all the necessary parts all together? In looking at the California Power Systems catalog, it looks like I have to order the hoses all individually, and it seems like since this is such a prolific design, there would be companies that offer compliance kits that include everything instead of the individual approach. CPS is the only shopping I have done. In reading the forums, I see lots just make their own hoses for the fuel, oil and coolant, but I’d rather go with a factory made parts, if for nothing else than liability. Where else should I look? I appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Jim

Highly recommend Tom @ Flightlines for any fuel or oil lines that you might need. If you’re not sure about what you need, he is very good at looking at photos and figuring it out for you. Very good quality lines.

https://www.tsflightlines.com/

Last edited:
+1
Tom posts here as ‘TS Flightlines’. He can get you Teflon hoses with no 5 year limit.

Last edited:
Our RV-12 has 1.5 hours on it since being built and certified in 2015. We are giving the airplane away in a raffle, so I want it 100%. I don’t want the winner to be faced with a bunch of items that haven’t been done.
We are doing the annual condition inspection now, and once complete will fly off the remaining time requirements. As y’all know, the rubber items are life limited. Are “kits” available that have all the necessary parts all together? In looking at the California Power Systems catalog, it looks like I have to order the hoses all individually, and it seems like since this is such a prolific design, there would be companies that offer compliance kits that include everything instead of the individual approach. CPS is the only shopping I have done. In reading the forums, I see lots just make their own hoses for the fuel, oil and coolant, but I’d rather go with a factory made parts, if for nothing else than liability. Where else should I look? I appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Jim

2015 the fuel lines should be teflon already. Oil lines have a 10 year life. So then you get into coolant hoses, fuel pump drain hoses, etc. Might want to look at the ELT battery expirations as well.

I would look more into all the major S/B's. Nose gear, engine mount, stab reinforcements, etc. Carb floats too.

Wow, thanks for the responses.

Thank you for your responses. Excellent.
For the fuel lines, is there an easy way to tell if they are Teflon? All the hoses are fire sleeved.
We are looking at the other service bulletins and trying to comply with those as well, although the nose gear fork and strut are back ordered at Vans with an expected ship date in 6 months. Our plan is to comply with all that we can prior to giving away the plane, then if any others remain us complied with, the Vans parts will be shipped to the new owner.
We are ordering new sockets, diaphragms and fuel pump, which are in stock.

Back