What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Seat Throttle Parts

David Z

Well Known Member
I have the deluxe DJM throttle quadrants from Flyboy Accessories. Both front and rear quadrants. Problem now is I'm trying to figure out how to install it into the fuselage as it's being built. I did not get the Van's rear seat throttle kit as I wanted the nicer DJM throttles. Looking at other builders logs, there's several parts I'm missing. The clevis and pins are easy. The pushrod and side plate are much harder to figure out. The drawing from Van's, DWG OP-2 is also easy to order. I'm really hoping to avoid ordering the whole rear seat throttle kit, just to toss half of it in the trash.

From what I can tell, I need to order the side plate, pushrod and drawing from Van's. I'm hoping someone is able to give me part numbers so I order the correct pieces. Please, if there's anything else I'm missing, or other suggestions let me know.

Attachments

• 20210504_182706.jpg
    20210504_182706.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 176
Here's OP2, this should help.

Attachments

• OP02 RV-8-8A Rear Seat Throttle.pdf
    636.4 KB · Views: 362
I just finished this in a fuse project with the armrest already installed. Had to drill out that armrest piece to get access to the pushrod/lever connections, reattached with #6 screws and nutplates to allow the multiple trial fittings. Be careful to fit the mounting plate under the armrest (sec EE on the plan). I remade that mistake, and had endless issues fitting the pushrod through the bulkheads. Had to patch in new plate to correct all that. Best approach I found was to attach the forward throttle clevis on the bench, then pass the pushrod up from the rear to connect into the clevis.
After doing it about a thousand times, it finally makes sense.
C Dominey
Alvin, Tex
N977CD reserved

Attachments

• Rear Throttle Armrest connections.jpg
    Rear Throttle Armrest connections.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 225
Back