What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Embroidery file

ldv333

This is probably a long shot but does anyone have a file for an embroidery machine that could be used for seats on an RV-6A? (And would be willing to share.) I really like the one from Classic Aero Designs with the plane above the text but I am having the seats reupholstered by a local shop and have to create the design for the seats.

Have you considered these might be copyrighted images?

If you don't find either the letter C inside a circle or the words "copyright" it is NOT protected work. US trademark law requires markings on all copyrighted work. Just because someone created something doesn't mean it is protected under the law. The creator must take several steps if they want protection and marking all work as copyrighted is one of them. I think you would find it VERY difficult to copyright an embroidered image of an airplane, as you have to prove that it is unique in some way. Photographs are much easier, as they have MANY unique qualities to them.

Larry

Last edited:
If you don't find either the letter C inside a circle or the words "copyright" it is NOT protected work.

This is not correct. A work is under copyright the moment it is "fixed in a tangible medium" unless explicitly made public domain or the copyright has expired.

Attaching a notice and registering a copyright are optional steps that can make enforcing the copyright easier, but are definitely not requirements under current copyright law.

If you don't find either the letter C inside a circle or the words "copyright" it is NOT protected work. US trademark law requires markings on all copyrighted work. Just because someone created something doesn't mean it is protected under the law. The creator must take several steps if they want protection and marking all work as copyrighted is one of them. I think you would find it VERY difficult to copyright an embroidered image of an airplane, as you have to prove that it is unique in some way. Photographs are much easier, as they have MANY unique qualities to them.

Larry

This is an excellent example of why you should never get your legal advice from the Intertubes. It couldn't be *more* wrong.

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html

Back