What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Space near Tyndall/PCB

Hawg Driver

Hello Everyone,
Looks like I might be taking an assignment to Tyndall this fall/winter. Hopefully will last about 18 months, but my family will be staying in Arkansas. I’m looking for a place to park my RV-4 during the week so I can go home on the weekends. Any insight to to hangars in the area would be much appreciated!

Hello Everyone,
Looks like I might be taking an assignment to Tyndall this fall/winter. Hopefully will last about 18 months, but my family will be staying in Arkansas. I’m looking for a place to park my RV-4 during the week so I can go home on the weekends. Any insight to to hangars in the area would be much appreciated!

T-38 ADAIR? IP gig for Fat Amy? SNACKO at the WEG? Basketball control officer?

Just goofin', my last ever TDY in the USAF was to Tyndall back about 05' timeframe. Long before the Hurricane wiped most to the base clear off the face of the Earth.

Hope you have a great assignment and good luck!

You are looking at an hour drive from Tyndall to any public airport in the area. KECP will be expensive, small hanger rent is $500/mo. Caters to airline and jet traffic so most transient GA is outside tiedowns. Your best bet might be checking with EAA Chapter 1646 at KAAF, they have a nice new large hanger. F95, KMAI, and 1J0 are all about 65-70 miles away. Sandy Creek Airpark is a private airpark right outside Tyndall Class D, EAA Chapter 202 has a hanger there.

Years ago, when Tyndall had a flying club, active duty folks on temporary assignment could arrange to park their aircraft at the base. Not sure if they still do that, but it may be another option.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

T-38 ADAIR? IP gig for Fat Amy? SNACKO at the WEG? Basketball control officer?

Just goofin', my last ever TDY in the USAF was to Tyndall back about 05' timeframe. Long before the Hurricane wiped most to the base clear off the face of the Earth.

Hope you have a great assignment and good luck!

Stitch - still don’t know if I’m going to get the gig, but always thinking ahead on what if’s…and while your suggested jobs sounds much more exciting, I’m just looking at a possible gig with 1st AF.

You are looking at an hour drive from Tyndall to any public airport in the area. KECP will be expensive, small hanger rent is $500/mo. Caters to airline and jet traffic so most transient GA is outside tiedowns. Your best bet might be checking with EAA Chapter 1646 at KAAF, they have a nice new large hanger. F95, KMAI, and 1J0 are all about 65-70 miles away. Sandy Creek Airpark is a private airpark right outside Tyndall Class D, EAA Chapter 202 has a hanger there.

Years ago, when Tyndall had a flying club, active duty folks on temporary assignment could arrange to park their aircraft at the base. Not sure if they still do that, but it may be another option.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

Thank you for some good places to start, John.

Back