What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front Range RV Owners (CO)

buffalohills

I'm New Here
Hello VAF forums!

I am a newly commissioned Marine heading down to Pensacola in March for Primary, and I've been interested in the RV series aircraft after seeing some fly at the Loveland airshow last October. Someday when finances allow, I would like to build and own one of my own.

A mentor of mine recommended I post here and told me that there's a pretty active RV community in the front range area. (Boulder, Longmont, Loveland, etc.)

If anyone around the front range would be willing to let me tag along and check out your plane I would be more than willing to split fuel, buy lunch, sweep your hangar, etc. I have a PPL and around 60 hours, but they're all in a C-172 and it's been about 7 months since I last flew.

Apologies if it's out of line to ask this sort of thing, I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

Oorah Marine - and congratulations on your commission!

I fly an RV-8 and an RV-14A, both of which take turns being hangared in Colorado (KBJC) or Wyoming (KHSG). The next few weeks are understandably busy with the Holidays, etc., but feel free to drop me a PM and maybe we can get together before you head out to NAS Pensacola.

I also imagine there are some upcoming EAA holiday banquets you'd be welcome to attend (and no doubt many of those folks would be RVers).

Welcome to VAF

Cole, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Congrats on the commission, and thanks for your service.

Vans Rocky Mountain RVs

Hello VAF forums!

I am a newly commissioned Marine heading down to Pensacola in March for Primary, and I've been interested in the RV series aircraft after seeing some fly at the Loveland airshow last October. Someday when finances allow, I would like to build and own one of my own.

A mentor of mine recommended I post here and told me that there's a pretty active RV community in the front range area. (Boulder, Longmont, Loveland, etc.)

If anyone around the front range would be willing to let me tag along and check out your plane I would be more than willing to split fuel, buy lunch, sweep your hangar, etc. I have a PPL and around 60 hours, but they're all in a C-172 and it's been about 7 months since I last flew.

Apologies if it's out of line to ask this sort of thing, I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

That's us.
Cole, shoot me an e-mail (see below). I'll send an invite to the forum.
First & Last Name
City
Cell #
Model
40+ and all will enjoy sharing. My Lucy, 7A, isn't finished but you are welcome to see the fuse in my shop. I'll set you up to pound some rivets in scrap too if you want.
Thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I will try and make it to the EAA meetings in Boulder/Longmont, hopefully I will see some of you there.

Back