What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Feb 5th meetup in Half Moon Bay

M5fly

Well Known Member
Threw this up on the calendar. I'm trying to take advantage of the great weather California is having while it lasts... winter will return eventually. And I enjoy meeting more RVators.

**Weather Permitting**

Arrive around noon and park on the South ramp at HAF then group up and stake out a great lunch spot (there's several within short walking distance).

*For you SoCal RVators not able to make the haul up North, I'm also planning to hit Kern Valley the following Saturday if the nice weather holds out. I'll throw that up on the calendar too when we get a bit closer.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: TX rv pilot that might have traveled...

The last time I flew past Half Moon Bay, it was covered in a marine layer, the beauty that we had never seen before as we sailed by at 300-800' a mile or so out to sea.

Kern Valley! Don't get me started, watching the squirrels run down the hill on downwind. That was a yummy breakfast. I think that was one of the two times in 15yrs, 2200hrs, and untold countries that I was glad that I installed a "parking brake".

Feb 5 at HAF

Sounds good to me. On the calendar!

Wx has been great along the coast the last couple of months. Makes up for a foggy summer.

The last time I flew past Half Moon Bay, it was covered in a marine layer, the beauty that we had never seen before as we sailed by at 300-800' a mile or so out to sea.

Looks like this (on the day of my first flight :D:D)

Winter WX is quite a bit better than summer, fog wise. In fact, generally better and clear on the coast with haze and crud inland.

I'd bet the WX will be fine, unless a storm brews up.

Attachments

• IMG_8227.jpg
    IMG_8227.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 88
Unfortunately the runway at Frazier Lake Airpark (1C9) is currently closed for reseeding, and will likely remain so for several more weeks. First Saturday of every month is our display day, so this would be great to do another month. I am in Hangar F-1 and we have a number of RVs on the field along with some great folks.

Unfortunately the runway at Frazier Lake Airpark (1C9) is currently closed for reseeding, and will likely remain so for several more weeks. First Saturday of every month is our display day, so this would be great to do another month. I am in Hangar F-1 and we have a number of RVs on the field along with some great folks.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. We'll try to make something happens once it opens back up. I've flown over a few times and always wanted to stop in.

BTW: A new restaurant opens this weekend at KHAF. The old place has been closed for a couple of years. The old 30 Cafe is now called "The Pilot Light" it's had an extensive remodel, location is mid-field.

BTW: A new restaurant opens this weekend at KHAF. The old place has been closed for a couple of years. The old 30 Cafe is now called "The Pilot Light" it's had an extensive remodel, location is mid-field.

That's great news, I was never able to make it to the old one before it closed. Would everyone like to try out The Pilot Light instead of heading into town? Just trying to keep folks from having to park at opposite ends of the field and do lots of walking...

If LVK is on the way for anyone, and they wouldn't mind picking me up and dropping me off there, I'm down for HMB.

****. I wish I had seen this thread this morning. I would've pulled the -4 out of the hangar to join you all. It was such a nice day here on the coast.

****. I wish I had seen this thread this morning. I would've pulled the -4 out of the hangar to join you all. It was such a nice day here on the coast.

Sorry we missed you, hope to catch you next time around! I was impressed with my burger at the new on-field restaurant. Was also great to take a look at Bill and Steven's beautiful builds. Thanks to those that made it out!

Back