What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Early RV-6 kit prices

husabeast

Patron
Does anyone have brochures or recall the kit prices for an early RV-6? Anything before SN 250 or so.

RV-4 less than 10K

Not sure about the -6, but Id guess its similar..my mid 90's RV-4 was less than 10K for all the kits. I know 2 RV-6 builders who built at same time, and I believe all were about same price. Not sure your curiosity, but those kits were much more like raw materials kits than todays pre-drilled/match drilled dimple and assemble kits.

Looking at unfinished late 80's RV

I'm looking at a friend's unfinished RV6. Engine hung, all assy's mostly complete. Time for CLEANING (some light corrosion on sheet metal and covered with hangar dirt) and updating to latest advisories and mods. Engine needs rebuild, update electrical, replace bearings and seals, remove and reseal tanks, paint, and start on the panel, etc. I have no illusion concerning the effort required to complete this plane. It will be treated as from scratch. The reason I am interested, is the builder is a close friend for many years and now a retired IA. His work is impeccable.
I want to make a fair offer and need to estimate his cost basis. Do not want to make a crazy lowball offer. The serial number is 183. Very early tip canopy -6. Any advice will be appreciated.

Back