VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Explore Maryland by Air (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=111248)

Wingnut 10-21-2021 03:22 PM

That’s most unfortunate

that the Carolinas ran out. We had started NC but had a ways to go. Several years ago I brought up the programs to a Florida aviation rep at Sun N Fun and he just made a face and blew it off. The VA and SC jackets are the most “expensive” jackets I own, but the programs are a lot of fun and great experiences as you know!

gyoung 10-21-2021 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Texas doesn't have a program so I made my own. There are 393 public use airports in Texas and I've visited about 140 so far. I'm not sure what prize I'm going to give myself when I complete it.

Vlad 10-21-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyoung (Post 1563388)
Texas doesn't have a program so I made my own. There are 393 public use airports in Texas and I've visited about 140 so far. I'm not sure what prize I'm going to give myself when I complete it.

I like your approach Greg! I may do the same with Wyoming I live on the state line :D

scard 10-21-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyoung (Post 1563388)

Woof! I love this. I've been known to take a day and see how many I can hit. In Texas, this is multiple overnight trips that aren't possible to be "home in time for dinner"...

Maybe if I launched earlier? Packed breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is always fun to talk to the people at the fuel stops. "Where you headed?" Uh, I'm just out doing a lap. :)

Dave12 10-21-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad (Post 1563269)
Program completed. The highest award was shipped to my Utah address. Thanks for fun Maryland!

Sweet looking jacket pal. I was hoping to intercept that😜

gyoung 10-21-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scard (Post 1563397)
Woof! I love this. I've been known to take a day and see how many I can hit. In Texas, this is multiple overnight trips that aren't possible to be "home in time for dinner"...

Maybe if I launched earlier? Packed breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is always fun to talk to the people at the fuel stops. "Where you headed?" Uh, I'm just out doing a lap. :)

So far it's been almost all normal flying. I've got to start doing collection trips though. I'm even missing a couple in the Houston area. All the Big Bend airports were done in a day trip out of Ruidoso during a Navion convention but the rest of West Texas and the pan handle are going to take some dedicated effort.

jdiehl 10-22-2021 06:28 PM

Maryland

Congratulations Vlad. We miss you back East.

Jim Diehl 7A
Lock Haven, Pa

Vlad 11-21-2021 01:33 PM

Certificate of Achievement

Received yesterday :)