VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Explore Maryland by Air (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=111248)

Vlad 06-05-2019 07:55 PM

Hagerstown KHGR

Hagerstown MD has a picturesque approach, cool taxiway and a great restaurant. No fees, you could see everyone on the ramp while enjoying your meal. Great views of rare aircraft on departure end. Go visit.

Vlad 06-09-2019 07:10 AM

W48 and KMTN

On my way to Martin State airport KMTN I stopped at Essex Skypark W48. Met an old friend and acquired new ones. Was nice to see you Claw. FlyingBeard that's a nice setup you have on your RV8. Find some free time share the progress with us. I will see you guys at your flyin in September.

My good buddy bought me a ticket to Glen Martin Museum all inclusive thanks John! Here I come :)

Impressive outside exhibition.

PS; There is a fee at the FBO $22. It doesn't matter if you buy avgas.

Electrogunner 06-10-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad (Post 1351763)
On my way to Martin State airport KMTN I stopped at Essex Skypark W48. Met an old friend and acquired new ones. Was nice to see you Claw. FlyingBeard that's a nice setup you have on your RV8. Find some free time share the progress with us. I will see you guys at your flyin in September.

My good buddy bought me a ticket to Glen Martin Museum all inclusive thanks John! Here I come :)

Impressive outside exhibition.

PS; There is a fee at the FBO $22. It doesn't matter if you buy avgas.

Hold short A-10?s. Vlads coming in The tower probably said

I missed talking to you at smoketown couple weeks ago, I was taking off in the silver/ purple -10

Vlad 06-10-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrogunner (Post 1352114)
Hold short A-10?s. Vlads coming in The tower probably said

I missed talking to you at smoketown couple weeks ago, I was taking off in the silver/ purple -10

Where did you go that day btw? A well trained barber at Smoketown did a buzz job in minutes I thought you were doing pattern work. :D

Electrogunner 06-10-2019 06:46 PM

LOL. I ran over to Chester county to use the compass rose to finalize my magnetometer calibration. It was quick, you were taking off when I was on downwind coming back. Catch ya next time, don?t sneak in next time 😉

Vlad 06-17-2019 06:06 AM

KSBY

Stopped by Salisbury KSBY the other day. Parked not far from a Tupolev Tu4 replica :D

The bombers were ready to participate in annual WWII reenactment at Reading PA.

Vlad 07-20-2019 10:55 AM

Finally was able to make Kentmorr Airpark 3W3. An owner came out and gave me a lecture. A good one.

Bennett Airfield 1N5 was in great shape. Will definitely come again.

Vlad 10-21-2021 08:16 AM

Awards

Program completed. The highest award was shipped to my Utah address. Thanks for fun Maryland!

Wingnut 10-21-2021 08:40 AM

Nicely Done!

I havenít checked lately to see if the program is still active, but SC was a lot of fun. Ginger and I completed it after we finished VA. If itís still in existence, I know you would enjoy it. Congratulations on MD!

Vlad 10-21-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingnut (Post 1563274)
I havenít checked lately to see if the program is still active, but SC was a lot of fun. Ginger and I completed it after we finished VA. If itís still in existence, I know you would enjoy it. Congratulations on MD!

Thanks! The Carolinas folded their programs years ago. I was almost done with SC but it was too late. Leather jacket fund dried out :)

North Dakota has similar passport program and adjacent southern state copied it as well (without awards)