What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's is Back!!

Steve Koziol

Yes, the Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's hosted by EAA Chapter 1384 at scenic Carroll County Airport (KDMW) will take place Saturday June 25 from 8:30am-2:30pm. Rain date is Sunday June 26th. Food, beverages and great camaraderie are on the agenda, donations always appreciated! Spread the word that we are back and come join us for this fun day. Also, invite a GA friend along to see some great RV's on the flightline, but spot them a good head start so that you arrive just before they do! More info to follow over the next few weeks. Contact me, Steve Koziol 267 614-8251 for any questions.
Safe travels! Steve:)

Wish I could be there with you.

Duty calls: Boat load of good friends with Coolers full of BEER & FOOD anchored out to watch the BLUE ANGELS perform at the Naval Acadamy. Maybe next time! Thanks for Invite! Enjoy! Ed S.:cool:

Last edited:
Glad to see this WAM (anybody remember those?) has survived. It was a great venue every time I went.

I can't be there this year, but will be moving back closer in a couple of years and within a two hour flight of Carrol County. Look for me then. Can't wait to get back with all the great east coast folks. Been too long.

Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's

Well, we are on the final phase of preparing and setting up for our 2022 Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's at DMW in Westminster, MD. The weather is shaping up to be a nice dry and HOT weekend. We will have plenty of water to cool you down from your flight. Bring a GA friend along and introduce them to the world of RV's. Yes, food and friendship are on tap. Safe travels and remember that Runway 34 is a Right Pattern! Any questions, call me at 267 614-8251. Steve, RV9A

Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's

For all of you Mid-Atlantic RVers, the weather for KDMW for Saturday is clear skies and calm winds. Did I mention HOT...a bottle of water will greet you upon arrival. For those looking for fuel, Skytech our FBO is offering the self-serve price of $6.50 for fuel truck fueling. At 10:45am - 11:15am our own ex Naval Aviator, Ryan Fair will be leading a pilot's discussion on "CRM". This should prove to be a very interesting and beneficial talk. Remember to register upon arrival. We are excited about renewing our flyin and look forward to sharing it with you!
Blue Skies and Safe Travels!!
Steve N424JK 267 614-8251

Thanks!

Thanks to Steve and EAA Chapter 1384 for hosting the fly-in today.
And a special thanks to everyone who helped me recharge my battery after I bungled a hot start!

Pics

Anybody have any pictures? I was planning to go but I got Covid in the beginning of the week. :(

I took a photo of a very nice RV-8 (N69JV). Registration says it belongs to Frankie Raymond. If anyone knows him please ask him to contact me. The plane has a great color red and silver that I’d like to get paint codes. I’m working the paint scheme for the new RV-10.

Carl
D5-AA8-FE2-6-E86-44-DE-BA4-A-47-B501129600.jpg

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the RV drivers and GA planes that came to see an awesome display of RV's yesterday. We had a real strong turn out and I will get some official numbers on the site by late tomorrow. I have received a couple of pics from our Chapter President, Warren Reames and I will get them posted by tomorrow. Yep, first time for me posting pics and I know it's easy, but I may make it look hard! Great weather yesterday with some fine hanger flying as well. Even the Baltimore Sun newspaper did a spot on the fly in! Hope all had a fun day yesterday. Thanks for coming!! Steve

Fuel Issue

I wanted to clarify the fuel pricing at the field yesterday. On Thursday the price for fuel was $6.50 a gal for LL which I posted on VAF. By the time we set up Saturday morning for the fly in, we found out that the price for 100LL went up to $7.20 a gal sometime late Friday. The self-serve price was honored by the FBO on the fuel truck but the price I posted had changed. We should have done a better job of making you all aware on the info white board at the registration area when we found out just prior to setup on Saturday morning. I appreciate everyone's understanding here. We all took a bit of a hit on the fuel price when topping off our tanks. We will do a better job in the future. Steve

I wanted to post a quick plane count on our Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's this past Saturday. We had 32 RV's make the trip to our little airport with another 5 non-RV's rounding out the official total of 37 aircraft. Unofficially we had another 10 aircraft mix of RV's, GA and Experimental aircraft including a Gyrocopter that wanted to see some awesome RV on the field arrive toward the end of the day. Food consisted of some very fine and large Hot Dogs chips and fresh Brautwurst supplied by our own Marty Teramini. Special thanks to our Registration team who presented each Pilot and Crew with a cold bottle of water and a bag of Toll House cookies. Tons of bottled water rounded out the serving and water was placed strategically thought-out the flight line and meeting area. Yes, it was forecasted to be hot, and it was. Thanks again to all of you who attended and supported our flyin. We look forward to hosting this again in 2023!
Steve

Thanks Steve and to EAA Chapter 1384 for hosting the fun Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RVs fly-in. Essex Skypark was well represented with four RVs flying in plus at least three from Easton. Attached are some pictures. For a more pics and write-up go Here.

Attachments

• CHUCK_10.jpg
    CHUCK_10.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 177
  • CHUCK_11.jpg
    CHUCK_11.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 181
  • CHUCK_12.jpg
    CHUCK_12.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 156
  • CHUCK_25.jpg
    CHUCK_25.jpg