SeanB

Well Known Member
Hi. I've got 6.00x6 Aero Classic Tubes, Short 90 Stem TR-87 tubes on my RV-7. The right one has a valve stem core that needs replaced. The center pin won't always kick back out and seal after checking pressure or adding air. The pin kicks crooked and I have to use car keys or something handy to get the needle back to straight. Then, there goes the air. Once the pin is correctly seated, it holds pressure. Have removed it and see no damage or FOD. Does anyone know the correct valve stem core to replace this? I tried Desser and they had no information and do not sell the core. ACS has several to choose from with varying lengths. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Hi. I've got 6.00x6 Aero Classic Tubes, Short 90 Stem TR-87 tubes on my RV-7. The right one has a valve stem core that needs replaced. The center pin won't always kick back out and seal after checking pressure or adding air. The pin kicks crooked and I have to use car keys or something handy to get the needle back to straight. Then, there goes the air. Once the pin is correctly seated, it holds pressure. Have removed it and see no damage or FOD. Does anyone know the correct valve stem core to replace this? I tried Desser and they had no information and do not sell the core. ACS has several to choose from with varying lengths. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
The ones I have seen from the Classic and LeakGuard tubes are White - Nitrile: 80-4000 PSI / (-40) - 225 degrees.

Thanks guys. I notice some of these are over an inch long, others about 3/4". I wonder if the shorter ones may be intended for the 90 degree bent stems.

I would get a CD4460 valve core package, teflon seals, made in USA , East side of Oklahoma City about 20 years ago when i visited the plant. Pain in the butt to have a flat somewhere other than home. Usually available at any HVAC Wholesaler. And Amazon.

Keith Rhea
Rv7
2024 Donation