Cholley6

The Order a Kit button is back functioning on Van's website. Skimming through the kit ordering and shipping policies it appears that no returns allowed on kit components, but there are some customizations to FWF and finish kits for different aircraft configurations.

We suspected kit components couldn't be returned, but now we have confirmation so we can move on.

I do see that while they don't allow add/subtracts from the Emp/Fuse/Wing kits, they do on the FWF and finish kits. But it is limited to certain scenarios like slider/tip-up, engine choice, and conventional/tail wheel. I wonder if buying an IO-540 with cold air induction allows you to delete the cowl?

Last edited:
There is a several thousand dollar difference between the prices for the 9/9A on the kit prices and lead times and the order sheet.

Kit prices and lead times sheet has 14,450 for the fuselage and 14,350 for the finish kit. the order page has $16,400.00 for the fuselage kit or 15,450.00 if you already have the wing center section and it has $17,000.00 for the finish kit.

The prices at the beginning of the year were $10,100 for fuselage and $12775 for the finish kit. So the order page prices are a lot more that 32%.

Thought I would include this for posterity in case anyone is curious. Here is the "before" pricing from September (Thanks to the internet archive wayback machine)

Sept 22, 2023
vans pricing sept 22 2023.png

Dec 19, 2023
vans pricing Dec 19 2023.png

Last edited: