Cholley6

When did Van's stop shipping kits? I know the store has been shipping parts through most of this. But has anyone recently received an actual kit?

Been a minute

I was scheduled to pick up a will call kit on 3 Nov. But 1 Nov they told me the dept was shut down so nobody would be there to hand it to me.
This doubly aggravating as I was told 30 Oct I could pick up the kit but not get the tour since my wing kit was processed and out of inventory.

When did Van's stop shipping kits? I know the store has been shipping parts through most of this. But has anyone recently received an actual kit?

A friend of mine had an RV-7 Finish Kit on order. He was advised in August of a September crating date, and he paid the final amount in full. The crating date came and went and the kit was never shipped to him. He received a subsequent e-mail from Van's stating that he had a new crating date. That date also came and went with no shipment. Another e-mail from Van's stated a third, new crating date, just before the bankruptcy, and Van's offered to ship the kit minus some backordered items, asking him to pay a second shipping charge for the backorder when it was available. He asked them to specify what the additional shipping charge would be, and 3 days later, Van's declared bankruptcy.

He's particulary upset about the fact that he was given crating dates after he paid in full, and nothing was shipped. Then he was asked to split the order, and they used his declining of that offer to claim that he declined a crating date.

He was recently offered the options to pay extra to maintain his order, do nothing to have the order canceled, or to file a claim after canceling.

As you can imagine, he feels that Van's played him by offering crating dates, accepting his final payment (before they even announced financial difficulties), and then not shipping anything.

A friend of mine had an RV-7 Finish Kit on order. He was advised in August of a September crating date, and he paid the final amount in full. The crating date came and went and the kit was never shipped to him. He received a subsequent e-mail from Van's stating that he had a new crating date. That date also came and went with no shipment. Another e-mail from Van's stated a third, new crating date, just before the bankruptcy, and Van's offered to ship the kit minus some backordered items, asking him to pay a second shipping charge for the backorder when it was available. He asked them to specify what the additional shipping charge would be, and 3 days later, Van's declared bankruptcy.

He's particulary upset about the fact that he was given crating dates after he paid in full, and nothing was shipped. Then he was asked to split the order, and they used his declining of that offer to claim that he declined a crating date.

He was recently offered the options to pay extra to maintain his order, do nothing to have the order canceled, or to file a claim after canceling.

As you can imagine, he feels that Van's played him by offering crating dates, accepting his final payment (before they even announced financial difficulties), and then not shipping anything.
That's a sad story . . . and speaks volumes.

Chapter 11 or not, you just can't treat your customers like this.

Last edited:
Chapter 11 or not, you just can't treat your customers like this.

I agree. the team at Van's has been struggling for many months. They were straining at their performance limit well before COVID hit, in my opinion.

I have most of my kits delivered, but there are some key parts on backorder, and I am not sure that Van's has a handle on what they still owe me. I am one of the fortunate ones to have all but the firewall forward kit in hand without laser cut parts, but it has been a grind getting everything and fussing over errors in shipments. Still not out of the woods and in clear air yet.

Important Infor From First Hearing

The new contract that paid kit owners received was supposed to have (3) options not just (2). You were supposed to have a 3 rd option to oppose the rejection of the new contract. If you oppose BMC was to contact you and try to resolve the issue and if not resolved a date would be set for the judge to hear your case to try to resolve it. The Lawyer and BMC is misleading everyone and not doing as the judge ordered them to do. If you go to BMC Group website: 1. pick Case Info at the top 2. pick 2 nd on the list Vans Aircraft, Inc. 3. Agree to the terms 4. pick Documents at the top 5. Scrool down and pick page 2. 6. pick item number (28) This is a PDF that has a .mp3 file that has the hearing recorded. 7. pick the file under the paperclip at the top left that is a file .mp3 (pick and open the file and you can listen to the 12-8-23 hearing 8. slide the sound bar over and as you do it should show you how much time is running (go to 1:40 and begin listening. The judge should be told that BMC is not sending out the right information to include an Option 3. I'm sure the judge would like to hear about kits being paid in full months before Chapter 11 and now demanding such an increase. I want nothing more than Vans succeed but they will never do it like this.

The new contract that paid kit owners received was supposed to have (3) options not just (2). You were supposed to have a 3 rd option to oppose the rejection of the new contract. If you oppose BMC was to contact you and try to resolve the issue and if not resolved a date would be set for the judge to hear your case to try to resolve it. The Lawyer and BMC is misleading everyone and not doing as the judge ordered them to do. If you go to BMC Group website: 1. pick Case Info at the top 2. pick 2 nd on the list Vans Aircraft, Inc. 3. Agree to the terms 4. pick Documents at the top 5. Scrool down and pick page 2. 6. pick item number (28) This is a PDF that has a .mp3 file that has the hearing recorded. 7. pick the file under the paperclip at the top left that is a file .mp3 (pick and open the file and you can listen to the 12-8-23 hearing 8. slide the sound bar over and as you do it should show you how much time is running (go to 1:40 and begin listening. The judge should be told that BMC is not sending out the right information to include an Option 3. I'm sure the judge would like to hear about kits being paid in full months before Chapter 11 and now demanding such an increase. I want nothing more than Vans succeed but they will never do it like this.

Thank you, Great Catch & information. more money for BMC

I am in a similar situation to your friend. I have a RV7 Fuse Kit fully paid that they were suppose to ship at start of August, but when my transport was there, they could not find it… My agreement with them was that they send it later at their cost. I am now asked 7k more and I also have to cover the cost of a half empty container to ship it oversea. The worst part is that even if initially they reschedule me for December, there now no RV 7 QB Fuse kits on stock and no estimates for when that will happen.