howardtlcc

The last LCP list showed F-1005 as being Replace or wait for further guidance. That was to come in early December. Is Vans still working this issue or are the engineers on leave pending Chapter 11 proceedings?

Waiting to join the tailcone to the fuse until we hear if replacement is needed.

They are certainly still working. I was up there last tuesday and it was all hands on deck.

Informally and unofficially, I think they are planning on designing a doubler to reinforce the F-1005 rather than have you replace it. It is a modestly loaded part and it would be fairly invasive and difficult to replace. All of the loading that might ever be a concern is in one local area right at the side of body, so a doubler would take care of it.
But like I said, that is completely unofficial.

Last edited:
They are certainly still working. I was up there last tuesday and it was all hands on deck.

Informally and unofficially, I think they are planning on designing a doubler to reinforce the F-1005 rather than have you replace it. It is a modestly loaded part and it would be fairly invasive and difficult to replace. All of the loading that might ever be a concern is in one local area right at the side of body, so a doubler would take care of it.

Thanks Steve, glad to hear. Yes, it would be a mess trying to replace that part...

All hands on deck

Sadly, all hands on deck does not equal shipping my in stock now backorder canopy frame for my slider 7... ugh.

KB

But at least small parts are shipping quickly. I ordered something for the high school's RV-12iS project and it came soon.

Dave

Sadly, all hands on deck does not equal shipping my in stock now backorder canopy frame for my slider 7... ugh.

KB

I happened to be there when Steve was there an for sure saw "all hands on deck". Of course, during phases like this, some people get temporarily assigned to what (at that moment) is a higher priority task. Temporarily.

For example, I had asked about something being shipped some days earlier and was told that man of the people that otherwise would be doing shipping were busy assisting with the immediately necessary INVENTORY effort.

From what I have seen, they have a LOT of work ahead and are VERY busy. Machine operators had machines humming. Forklift drivers were moving stuff. Engineering people were doing LOTS of engineering stuff.

As mentioned before, when a company gets into a situation like this (many successful ones have), the best that we can do to help is have a bit of patience because the workload is probably tripled for some people until they get through this.

When more can (and will) be said by them, it will become more clear that the people there are doing all that they can to make this situation be the least painful it can.

Feeling positive.

I placed an order Friday afternoon. The initial order listed all aluminum parts (LCP replacements - self paid) as back ordered. There were three RV10 rear seat sets in stock so I nabbed one. I wondered if they’d ship separately and was pleasantly surprised to get a shipping notice for everything on Monday. Slightly different situation than back orders, I know (new revenue/cash flow). However, based on this and a post in another thread, I’m feeling hopeful the back ordered front seats will be coming soon.