Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Sticker shock hit when I was looking for a 2 wire baffle grommet. $87 for 2 plastic grommets didn’t agree with my sense of reasonable. So I rolled my own with a little baffle seal and scrap aluminum.

A slit between the screw hole and the wire hole allows the spark plug boot through.

Thought it was worth sharing for those that are having the same visceral reaction.

Attachments

• IMG_6538.jpeg
    IMG_6538.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1521.png
    IMG_1521.png
    770.5 KB · Views: 85
Sticker shock hit when I was looking for a 2 wire baffle grommet. $87 for 2 plastic grommets didn’t agree with my sense of reasonable. So I rolled my own with a little baffle seal and scrap aluminum.

A slit between the screw hole and the wire hole allows the spark plug boot through.

Thought it was worth sharing for those that are having the same visceral reaction.
I had the same reaction "how did they come up with that?!" and thanks for sharing your solution.

An engine pulled from a Piper Cherokee had these grommets, so that's another simple and inexpensive DIY option.
20240306_083851.jpg

Attaboy. Thanks for sharing.

For those that have a set of hole punches, that's another good option for putting holes in material like that which is sandwiched between those twoplates.

I am surprised that someone has not come up with a 3D printed version of that $87 part.

Started on VAF. RVPlasticparts.com. They are a little rough, but work fine. He has a lot of other useful stuff for RVs