RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Well the day finally came and we lit the ECI IO360 today. The engine fired on the first blade. We ran it for about a minute the first time. The Oil Pressure was high and we discovered I had the fuel pressure sensor on the oil pressure line and vice versa. The second run was also an instantaneous start and everything was normal.

I have the standard ECI IO360 with Precision FI system, Airflow performance fuel pump, EMag/PMag set up with a Whirlwind RV200 prop. The engine was built by Robbie Attaway at www.attawayair.com. The engine ran extremely smooth. Robbie feels the Emag/Pmag has much to do with the extreme smoothness of the engine. First flight in a couple of weeks.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

Hey Darwin!!! What a great feeling. It's alive!! It's alive!!! Best of luck on the test flight.

Roberta

congrats darwin!! that's great news! i love the first start on a new engine. we put a reman on our cherokee 180 a couple of years ago, and that first start is a great feeling! it took us three months of work (it was really cold, so work days were short) to get it ready for a start, but what a great feeling it was to light it off after a blade or two! :cool: