Freemasm

Well Known Member
I'll answer my own question. Yes, their customer service.

Needed a fitting on one of their lines re-clocked after a re-route. Sent it to Tom who reworked it and had it back in the shippers hands for return to me later the same day. I've used them exclusively on this build and the the quality of their products and customer service continues to impress.

Anyone who has used them already knows this, of course. So much respect and appreciation for the way they do business.

Yes, And

Yes to everything about TS Flightlines. They provide a great service, and are very reasonable. In many cases I could not purchase the component pieces for what a finished and tested line costs from them.

AND

I learned this same lesson when doing my installation and very quickly learned to NOT have lines that needed to be clocked. I managed to redesign things, or use a combination of straight, 45 deg, and 90 degree fittings to make it such that only one end of a flex line needed an angled fitting. It makes them easier to install, clock, etc and so much easier to ensure I didn't put a twist into the line when I torqued it. For example, if I needed a routing to have two 90 degree bends, one at each end, accomplish that with a line that has a straight at one end, and a 90 at the other end. Then install a 90 degree fitting on the end where the straight will go and vice-versa. Then you can install the line and have clocking of the hose assembly not be an issue.

+1

I learned this same lesson when doing my installation and very quickly learned to NOT have lines that needed to be clocked. I managed to redesign things said:
Better, if possible, I needed an insulated AN-8 line made that was less than 12 inches both ends clocked, very little tolerances allowed.

Welllll - there was this guy, down in Louisiana who said he could do some magical stuff....

Oh my, his hoses were just so.

My back yard sprinkler system never worked better - darn, he was incredible

:D

Tom understands irony.....

...and Flightlines buys beer for the Social every year.

Think of it this way...each dollar spent with Tom includes a wee bit to make your friends happy. Spend more, make more people happy!

Tom is a class act. Flightlines can provide hoses or hard lines that install in minutes instead taking hours to fabricate and longer to install.

Nothing better than TS

These guys are great - I can guarantee you that you will not get every fuel line / oil line the correct length. These guys are awesome in helping you set up the system and the support is as simple as sending the line back to them and saying - can you take an inch off? No charges, no hassle, and quick turnaround! Highly recommend!!!!

And Tom is fun to talk to!

Gentlemen---Thank you for the kind words, but as I've said for quite a while,
TS Flightlines/Aircraft Specialty Flightlines is a team. Steve, Cory, Cody, Jim, and myself do everything we can to process your orders in a timely manner, and check each one. The shop guys, Cory, Cody and Jim ---some of you met Cory and Cody at our OSH booth--do most of the fabrication processes. Steve and I do design, and thank goodness Steve does the logistics and computer stuff. BUT, we are a team. So Again I just wanted all of you to know, its not just me, or Steve and I. Way to much going on for even 2 people.

So from all of us to all of you, Thank you!!
Tom, Steve and Crew

Just wanted to add another note about great service from Tom and Steve on this thread. They were both super helpful today with my particular order.

For those of you who may not have met our heroes (Tom & Steve) in person, they usually have a booth "down south" in the Ultralight vendor area.
Perhaps they'll bring the gas powered margarita blender again this year ?!

For those of you who may not have met our heroes (Tom & Steve) in person, they usually have a booth "down south" in the Ultralight vendor area.
Perhaps they'll bring the gas powered margarita blender again this year ?!
Hi All---and thank you for the very kind comments. As Ive said, we are a team, 1 person cant do it all---trust me I did for 6 years. Some of you visited us at our OSH Booth location the past several years, and we greatly appreciate it. After last years storm on Friday nite that wrecked our display tent, Steve and I thought long a hard about doing this again. So yes, we'l be in the same location, with 3 booth spaces instead of 2, and a different look. Hopefully easier to set up, maintain, and tear down, and hopefully more weather proof. We'll have a few 'new items' on display and maybe some not so secret prototype things. Come on down; dont know about the margarita blender thingy, thats on Steve. I just try to survive!!
Tom

When I have been at Osh in the past I made it point to make the trek down to ultralight just so I could say high to Tom and the gang. Stand up fellers right there!

...and Flightlines buys beer for the Social every year.

Think of it this way...each dollar spent with Tom includes a wee bit to make your friends happy. Spend more, make more people happy!
Good to know I am helping to support the liquid refreshment needs of fellow RV owners. Yep all firewall forward hoses provided by TS Flightlines. Recently upgraded by brake system to put the reservoirs on the back of the master cylinders and got rid of the firewall reservoir and all the plastic lines. Decided to get new brake lines and guess who made those? Yep TS Flightlines and talk about QUICK! They were in my hands a couple days after ordering. Have a beer on me!

Wow, a question I never expected to hear. Especially on VAF and with the knowledge that exists on this site.
Read the first post, not just the title.

Service after the sale has no immediate benefit to the seller. The example I gave shows an outstanding commitment to their customer base and dedication to maintaining their well deserved reputation.

The methods for feedback these days are numerous; Google, Yelp, FB, endless options. This was my way of saying "thanks" in a forum that matters to a very specific customer base.